Banana Crepes with Dark Chocolate – Healthy Option
Every now and then I love to go all out and whip up a wow dish that’s a real showstopper for my friends and family. Banana crepes with dark chocolate are definitely that kind of dish, and truth be told, they’re not that hard to make. Having all your ingredients prepped and ready to go is key, but once you’ve done that, you’re good to go. This recipe lightens up traditional crepes but keeps the flavor full-on, with a combination of sweet ripe bananas and lush dark chocolate. The result is a mouth-watering filling that’s truly delicious. I hope you’ll try this recipe and see for yourself just what you can do in the kitchen!
This decadent dessert is perfect for brunch, a holiday get together or any time you want to pull out all the stop and impress. The crepes are light and filled with a luscious banana and chocolate filling that’s sure to satisfy your sweet tooth (but without the guilt!)
Thank you, Franceen Friefeld, for this delicious recipe!!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 10 crepes
For the Crepes
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 cup whole eggs
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1 2/3 cups skim milk
For the Filling
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 1/2 quarts (1 lb. + 14 oz) bananas, sliced
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate, melted
- Place flour, sugar and salt in a bowl and stir. Set aside.
- Place whole eggs and egg whites in a separate bowl and whisk (or mix on low speed).
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add eggs. Mix eggs and flour while pouring in the milk, stirring to combine until it is free of lumps. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Spray a non-stick skillet with non-stick cooking spray. For each crepe, heat skillet on medium high. Add a 1/4 cup (4 oz) of batter to saute pan. As the edges cook, use a spatula to lift the edges of the crepe.
- After about 1 minute, flip the crepe over, and cook for a further 30 seconds. Transfer to a plate and start over until the batter is done.
- To make filling, heat oil in non-stick saute pan. Add fresh bananas and brown sugar and heat until slightly browned. Stir in lemon juice.
- Fill each crepe with 1/2 cup banana mixture. Wrap each crepe by bringing up bringing in sides first and then rolling away from you to seal edges. Drizzle 2 tsp. chocolate to top each crepe.
|Nutrition Information||Per Serving|
…The Backstory continues: You can find other tasty recipes in Franceen's latest cookbook, Healthy Meals for Your Busy Life. I know you’ll love them and that they’ll leave you feeling full, satisfied, and happy that you’ve made healthful choices that don’t sacrifice on taste!
The post Banana Crepes with Dark Chocolate – Healthy Option appeared first on The Jewish Kitchen.
- Jodi Luber